Congratulations to Juan Pablo Aguilera Ozuna, alumnus of ITAM’s undergraduate program in mathematics who was awarded the prize “Sotero Prieto” by the Mexican Mathematics Society for his thesis on mathematical logic. This thesis was supervised by one of our youngest researchers in the Academic Department of Mathematics, Dr. David Fernández Duque.
Furthermore, the Mexican Mathematics Society awarded Mention of Honor to Ilan Morgenstern Kaplan, also an alumnus of our undergraduate program in applied mathematics, for his thesis on “Bankruptcy Models”, supervised by Dr. Diego Domínguez, Department Chair of the Academic Department of Economics.
Winners of the Sotero Prieto Prize
- Gilberto Bruno Pérez, Faculty of Science, UNAM
- Juan Pablo Aguilera Ozuna, ITAM
- José María Ibarra Rodríguez, Universidad de Guanajuato
Mention of Honor
- Edgar Alamilla Jiménez, Universidad Juárez Autónoma de Tabasco
- Mauricio Enrique Elizalde Mejía, Faculty of Science, UNAM
- Cecilia Neve Jiménez, Faculty of Science, UNAM
- Ilan Morgenstern Kaplan, ITAM